7 Affordable Digital Marketing Tips for Start-Ups
By Shelby Ballou
Start-ups are constantly being launched. Unfortunately, more start-ups fail than succeed. How can you ensure your start-up is successful? Here are eight tips to help you out.
- Use video. Brands are embracing video now more than ever. Long form, short snippets, scratch-reels, and GIFs all work. Experiment, and see what works for your audience.
- Experiment. Keep trying and experimenting with new things. Understand what makes your customers tick. Try A/B testing to find out what your customers prefer. Once you find something that works, learn from it, and continue to implement it.
- Invest in SEO. An SEO strategy will help you attract the right audience. This should be an on-going effort that’s constantly worked on instead of a one-time affair.
- Use social media. Social media offers a platform for your brand to be seen and heard. Post frequently and consistently. If you don’t have the time, hire someone to do it for you. Having one person focused on digital marketing will save you a lot of time and energy. Invest in a reputable agency.
- Focus on your audience. Craft the message in a way that will resonate with your target audience, instead of something generic. Focus on what they want to hear about and how they want to hear it. If you discover your audience loves dogs, take advantage of #NationalDogDay. Posting around this “holiday” will increase engagement.
- Learn media buying. Media buying is the purchase of advertising from a media company, such as a television station, newspaper, magazine, blog, and website. Media buying is pretty simple, so it’s worthwhile to learn about it.
- Improve your photography. There are tons of apps out there to help make your content interesting and amplify what your product is all about. Some examples are Boomerag, Cinemagraph Pro, Adobe Spark, and Afterlight. Download these apps and play around with them. They’ll make your content more unique and visually appealing.
[Original post here.]