Creating a solid Instagram strategy can help your business reach new heights and grow its customer base. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in. Here are five ways to create an Instagram strategy for your business.
1. Consistency is key. Posting once or twice a week isn’t enough. If you’re serious about increasing your following, post daily. If you can post even more frequently to your Stories, even better. In addition, follow other users that fit within your target audience. Set a small goal, such as: Follow five new accounts each day and engage with them somehow.
2. Use hashtags. Hashtags are the best way to find accounts like yours as well as users who care about whatever your business is selling. When you find these accounts, engage with them (like we said above- it’s important!). Comment on their photos or send them a thoughtful message. These small efforts will make a big impact over time. If they feel a connection with your brand, they’re likely to follow your page, share your posts, and recommend your product/service to others.
3. Be authentic. Customers value transparency and honesty from the companies they support. Use Instagram to give your customers a behind-the-scenes look into product development, day-to-day operations, office design, brainstorming sessions, and more. This will give them a better feel for your brand and how you operate.
4. Encourage engagement. It’s not just about engaging with other accounts. It’s also about encouraging engagement on your page. Ask your followers a question in your caption and tell them to answer in the comments. Or, you can ask them a question in your Stories (with the Question feature) and wait as the responses flow in. Make sure to respond to every answer you receive. If you keep the conversation going, you’ll start to build relationships with potential customers.
5. Create a community. Remember…your followers aren’t just a fanbase. They’re a supportive community. If you want a loyal, authentic following, you have to be open to feedback. Ask your followers what they want to see from you. Inquire about specific preferences. Ask if they prefer Stories or IGTV for longer videos. Engage with your customers on a regular basis by using the Poll and Question features. And don’t ever forget to respond to DMs. Followers are much more likely to engage often if you actually acknowledge them and respond to them.