7 Reasons Email Marketing is a MUST for Real Estate Agents
By Shelby Ballou
Email is undoubtedly the most common form of digital communication. Most consumers have at least one email address and check their account multiple times per day. If you are not incorporating email into your real estate marketing, you’re missing out on valuable leads. Here are seven things that make email so important in digital media today.
- Emails communicate information that a phone call can’t. When you contact clients by email, you can immediately send them detailed photos of homes and information about specific properties. Photos can be far more persuasive than trying to verbally describe a listing to a client.
- Most consumers prefer email. In surveys, consumers admit that email is their preferred contact method for commercial communications. Email messages can be scanned quickly, allowing people to gather the summary of a marketing message in just a few seconds. In addition, email is not dictated by time. You can send your messages whenever you’d like, and consumers can peruse them at a time that is convenient for them.
- Email provides a great return on your marketing investment. The average email marketing campaign provides a 4,300% return on investment. Email allows you to reach as many prospects as you would like at a very low cost.
- Email is great for generating return customers. When you help someone find a rental, the chances are high that this person will need one again when their lease ends, or maybe they’ll even consider purchasing a home. Throughout the year, keep in touch with past customers by sending a valuable email marketing newsletter. Share tips on subjects that include interior design and home improvement. This will ensure past customers approach you again in the future.
- Email offers a remarkable conversion rate. The conversion rate for email is 3x higher than social media. It’s estimated that companies that employ email marketing on a regular basis have 50% more leads than those who do not!
- Email makes it easy to localize. Set up rules to automatically send information about homes in specific neighborhoods to prospects on request. This allows you to keep in touch with your prospects. Just be sure to add the local information to the subject line so your email doesn’t get marked as spam.
- Email is great for mobile marketing. Almost half of all emails are opened on a mobile phone. Share properties with prospects when they’re on the go by making your emails mobile-friendly. Keep subject lines short and easy to read. Use bullet points in the email body for easy scanning.
Real estate agents can significantly boost their marketing efforts by adding email to their strategy. Incorporate newsletters, weekly email blasts, and other email tools to reach more customers and win more conversions.